Whether you’re a seasoned bowler looking to get into the sport, or a complete beginner, renting bowling shoes can make the experience much more enjoyable.
After all, if you’re going to spend a good chunk of time wearing them, you may as well make it as enjoyable as possible.
What You’ll Need to Know Before You Rent Bowling Shoes
Before renting your next pair of bowling shoes, consider these questions to ensure that you’re getting the best deal possible:
- Is there an extra fee? Some places will charge more if they have to clean your shoes before renting them out again. Whether or not they do this will largely depend on how dirty your shoes are when you return them and if there’s a machine available to clean them with or not. A few machines may cost money for the cleaning process, so you must decide if cleaning an extra $3 off your total cost is worth it or not.
- Do I have time? If you are strapped for time and don’t have to wait while they shine up your rental shoe, save yourself some time by buying a brand-new pair. If you have the extra time, it is usually cheaper to get a shining and keep your shoes than to buy a new pair from the beginning.
- Can I afford it? Many places that rent shoes will charge around $10 for a pair of rental bowling shoes. If you are not near your local center or don’t have time, buying a brand-new pair of bowling shoes may be more convenient. When looking for new bowling shoes, online sites like Amazon, eBay, or even Craigslist have some great deals on used bowling equipment.
- Ask about the shoe rental rules at the bowling alley of your choice. Some may charge you for each time you rent shoes, while some may allow you to use them as much as you like throughout one session. This will also help determine how much it will cost in the long run.
- What type of shoes do they have? They may not have exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s worth asking if they carry a different brand or style that might fit better than whatever is currently on display. If this is an option, see if they can put some oil on them or lightly buff them up before returning to last just a little longer –at least until your ball is thrown and picked up countless times!
How Much Is It to Rent Bowling Shoes?
The average cost of renting bowling shoes varies from the bowling alley to bowling alley, but the price generally hovers around $10. However, keep in mind that these prices may rise or decrease slightly depending on location and the shoes’ condition.
Here’s a basic rundown of how much it will cost to rent bowling shoes.
If you don’t own any bowling shoes, the cost to rent shoes in some areas may be as little as $5 or $6 per pair. However, you may have to pay an additional fee to have your shoes cleaned and tacked on, an extra cost to your overall rental fee.
On the other hand, if you have a pair of shoes that you can use for rent, this may save you money in the long run. When choosing to use your pair of bowling shoes for rental, get permission from the center first.
Usually, centers will allow bowlers with their bowling shoes to use them as long as they are clean and not damaged.
Tips for Renting Bowling Shoes
- Make sure to bring your bowling shoes to the bowling alley. If you don’t have your pair of shoes, ask the bowling alley’-s staff if it’s okay to wear their shoes. And if it is, you’re sure to save a few bucks by doing so.
- Make sure that your shoes are clean and free of any holes or tears. It’s also a good idea to wear your bowling shoes during the cleaning process so that it’s easier for them to get them ready for the next customer.
- If your bowling shoes wear out during the bowling alley’s cleaning process, don’t fret. Most bowling alleys will let you keep your shoes if they wear out. It’s just a good idea to let them know so that they can replace them before they’re cleaned.
Should My Child Wear Bowling Shoes or Street Shoes?
The majority of people prefer to wear bowling shoes when they go bowling. Bowling shoes have special soles that provide extra traction and keep them from slipping as they bowl.
However, some people may still prefer to wear their street shoes to the bowling alley because they are more comfortable. Either way, there is no right or wrong answer here.
As a parent, it’s your job to ensure that your child is safe and comfortable no matter what type of shoe they choose to wear on the lane.
How Should I Clean My Bowling Shoes After I Wear Them?
Bowlers often forget how important it is to clean their bowling shoes after each use. This can be troublesome because they’re sure to get grimy again over time if they aren’t properly cleaned!
After a day of bowling, wipe down the soles of your shoe with a wet towel so that the dirtiest parts are removed before drying them off with a dry towel.
Most people choose to leave their socks on while doing this so that they don’t accidentally get water inside their shoes, which could mess up the padding.
Then place your shoes over a dry towel and let them air-dry overnight. The next day, you should notice that they’re back to new again after they’ve had time to air out.
If you’re interested in trying out bowling but don’t own any pairs of shoes, then renting shoes is a good option. It’s also good to remember that different bowling alleys have different shoe rental policies, so it’s best to double-check with the location you plan to visit. Some bowling alleys may require that you wear shoes without Velcro or charge an extra fee if you want to wear shoes with Velcro.
Furthermore, it’s good to make sure that your shoes are clean and free of holes or tears. This will save you from having to replace them as soon as you get them back.